As you know Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released the Telecom Commercial Communication Customer Preference Regulation (TCCCPR) 2018 to regulate Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC) aiming to make the unorganized SMS industry 100% transparent.
In order to do so TRAI has initiated to implement DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology). If you are a recharge business owner and struggling to find your way on what to do next then this article is for you.
DLT is a blockchain-based technology. The main benefit of DLT is that the government can supervise every entity of the entire system. These entities are Mobile user, Principal entity, SMS marketer, and regulator. Someone who falls into the categories mentioned above must have to register to continue. Companies like QuickRecharge have to register under the Telemarketer category.
What is the purpose of DLT?
Commercial Communications Ecosystem
In the new DLT system the roles and responsibilities of the five entities present in the Blockchain are:
- Mobile Subscriber: The customer who will receive the SMS is known as the Mobile Subscriber. Under this DLT system TRAI has given the customer or mobile subscriber the right of receiving a promotional text from any business, stop receiving texts at any point of time, set preferences and register complain about receiving unwanted and spam messages.
- Principal Entity: Principal Entity is the company or organisation that is sending SMS to its clients and customers. It can be an individual, sole proprietor, partnership firm, or any private/public or Government company that wishes to send SMS to their respective clients. By the new rule TRAI mandates every entity to register as Principal Entity category with the Telecom Operators in the DLT platform.
- Telemarketer: Telemarketer means the Bulk SMS Service Provider from which an individual or company purchases Bulk SMS to send to their customers. After the enforcement of this new law every telemarketer needs to register on the DLT platform to send messages on behalf of the Principal Entity(businesses).
- Access Providers: telecom operators such as Vodafone, Idea, Airtel, MTNL, BSNL who will be directly connected to TRAI and assist in the regulation process are the Access Providers.
- Regulator: TRAI, being the regulator has the role of establishing regulatory compliance by auditing and governing the operations to safeguard customers’ interest and prevent the occurrence of any fraudulent practices.
If you are a Pricipal Entity or business then register yourself under DLT platform. Contact us now to register your business.